New Fall programs at the Adult Learning Centre
Starts October 6th. Call Clare to register 780-723-6247
Tuesdays 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
A place to practice English for newcomers to Canada.
All levels of English speaking are welcome. It doesn’t matter if you have been in Canada for 10 days or 10 years!
Meet other newcomers from Edson and the surrounding area.
Talk about different topics every week.
CELPIP PREP CLASs
Thursdays, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. / Starts October 8th
Cost: $20. We have subsidies available if needed.
- Learn how to pass the Canadian English Language test.
- Study with the teacher and improve your English.
- Learn about the test and what you need to practice.
F I N A N C I A L L I T E R A C Y F O R W O M E N
Starts mid – October. Check our website for updates or call us for more information.
This course is designed by women for women. It will help you to understand why financial literacy is important. Financial Literacy for Women will help build confidence and help you to make an immediate action plan.
You will learn:
- how to make financial decisions with confidence and understand how to focus your money on your priorities.
- about money myths and the relationships we have with money.
- how to understand finances.
- how to create a budget and understand debt and how to get rid of it.
About the Teacher:
Amanda has a strong background in finance and professional experience in the accounting and finance field. She has volunteered in women’s shelters providing financial advice and classes to help empower women. Amanda understands the importance of confidence with finances and helping women to gain independence and improve mindsets about money.
M O N E Y M A T T E R S
“FREE” program. Call us for more information. Sign up early. Course will run if there are enough people .
- Basic financial literacy program for adults
- Spending plans, banking, borrowing money, saving money
- Available for general adult learners, Indigenous peoples, and Newcomers to Canada
C O M M U N I T Y K I T C H E N
“FREE” program. Looking to start mid-October. Call us for more information. Sign up early.
- learn how to shop for food and stay on budget
- cook meals together
- focus on reading recipes and making portions
- take what you cooked home
B A S I C C O M P U T E R S
Computer basics one-on-one with a teacher. This service is completely FREE and hours are flexible during the day to fit with your schedule. Call to make an appointment.
- We make a plan specifically for you based on what you already know, and what you want to learn.
- We will work with you for as long as it takes to meet your goals!
S E T T L E M E N T W O R K E R I N S C H O O L S (S.W.I.S.)
We have a new Settlement Worker named Jill who helps newcomer families and youth navigate the Alberta school system, adjust to life in Canada.
Jill can help with information on the education system, school information, teacher meetings, technology, language needs, recreation, community connections and more.
This is a FREE service. Call Jill for an appointment at 780 723 6247 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The teacher Amanda has a strong background in finance has professional experience in the accounting and finance field. She has volunteered in women’s shelters providing financial advice and classes to help empower women. Amanda understands the importance of confidence with finances and helping women to gain independence and improve mindsets about money.