NOW is your time to get your GED!
You may qualify for the Alberta Works Part-Time Studies grant which covers all your expenses if you are eligible.
In order to qualify you must be:
18 years of age or older
out of High School for at least 12 months
a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- eligible based on your income. Click HERE to check if you qualify based on income.
If you do not qualify for the subsidy, click HERE.
You qualify! Next steps:
- Review the APPLICATION carefully to make sure you have all the information required. IMPORTANT: You will need to provide the net income reported on line 23600 for both yourself and your spouse /partner.
- Print the application and fill it out: IMPORTANT Your original signature and that of your spouse/partner is required (not electronic). We can print and help you fill out the application at the Learning Centre. Please review the application to make sure you have all the information you need for your appointment.
- Make an appointment at the Learning Centre to review and submit your application.
- If you are a Permanent Resident, please bring your Permanent Resident card to be photocopied. A photocopy will need to be sent with the application.
- Choose your class SCHEDULE: Evening classes starting October 5th OR Daytime classes starting November 1st.
Included in the GED Preparation class:
- 100 hours of class with an instructor from Academic Express
- GED study book
- GED Exam fees
Call 780-723-6247 to make an appointment with the Learning Centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org